I’m big on quiches – they are delicious but all too often full of extra kilojoules and saturated fat from tons of cheese and pastry. I stumbled across this concept of “egg white bites” while trolling on Pintrest (something I do all too often).
These bites are dead easy to make, pack a punch of protein and sneak some vegetable goodness in them. They make for a great mid-meal snack as you’re running out the door.
Egg White Bites
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 large capsicum (diced)
- 4 cups of fresh spinach (torn in pieces)
- Egg whites
- Cayenne pepper
- 3 T shredded parmesan cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 175C.
2) Spray a muffin tin with olive oil.
3) Place chopped vegies, herb, spices and cheese into muffin holes.
4) Fill each hole with egg whites.
5) Bake in the oven for 25 -28 mins (until firmly set).
6) Enjoy hot or cold either as they are or with salsa or sweet chilli sauce.
These bites were delicious and lasted for about 3 days in the fridge. They do sweat a little bit the longer you leave them but they were devoured quickly in my household. Hope you enjoy!